NEW! Simp Or Sucker? You Be The Judge.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Joy And Pain Of Being Single

It's been over 3 months since my Ex kicked me to the curb and I've enjoyed almost every day of my freedom.

I've been celebrating like hell and drinking up a damn storm. Gin. Vodka. Wine. 24 ounce cans of beer...

Up until the time I moved in with my roommate, I hadn't had a drink in at least 3 years - and only a few times within the last five. The first night I could afford a drink, I bought a big-ass forty ounce Miller High Life. I thought I could take that bad-boy down but it whipped my ass. I was drunk as a damn skunk before I finished that thing. I drunk half of it. The rest of it went to the bad. I fell asleep with bottle opened.

I couldn't drink anything when I was with my Ex, although, I kept thinking about it. She's a "Christian Woman" so I didn't want to disrespect her house. Plus, I don't really like to drink unless I'm out dancing, so I kind of lost interest in alcohol.

But, all of that is behind me now... Now, I can enjoy life and be myself.

That's the bad thing about being "tied down" in a relationship. Sometimes you have to give up certain things to keep the peace between you and your partner. Sometimes you have to break certain habits - even if they're not all that bad - just to please your partner and keep him or her from whining and complaining all the damn time.

When you hear so many people proclaiming how much they enjoy being single, half the time, they ain't lying. I've been in a few relationships and I've been single a few times too. And each situation has its benefits.

For the most part, I like being single because there are -

No Obligations to another person

No extra Responsibilities or Work

No Interruptions when I'm doing my own thing

No one else's problems to deal with

No one else's complaints and gripes to listen to

I can lay around all day on my days off if I want to

I don't have to please anyone else

I don't have to "report" to anyone - I can come and go as I please

I don't have to cook for anyone else

I don't have to keep myself cute for anyone else or worry about them complaining that I'm a slob...

I'm as free as a jack-rabbit!

Man, I'm livin' "high on the hog".

This is the Life. And I'm gonna enjoy it for a while.

But, I can't stay Single forever.

There's nothing like having a nice warm babe to cuddle-up with every now and then. There's nothing like having some soft lips to kiss and a sweet-smelling mamacita to hold in your arms at night while you're watching a good movie on the flat screen. Plus, it's been 3 months since I've been smooching with a chick or been able to squeeze on one. That's not good.

I like having my freedom but having a good woman (or a good man for those of you who prefer men) on your side is the best thing in the World.

I don't wanna get all "mushy" on you, but think about it:

When you've got someone to call your own...

You've got someone to share your thoughts and ideas with

You have someone to tease and flirt with

You've got someone to cuddle and be romantic with

You've got someone to share your fantasies and "new ideas" with

You've got someone to support you and help you in your times of need

You've got a sidekick to help you build your empire

You've got a friend (hopefully a friend) to share experiences and good times with

Now, I KNOW this is only true if you're in a GOOD RELATIONSHIP. If your relationship sucks and you're stuck with someone who just don't give a damn, you might have SOME Benefits, but you're probably better off by yourself. Thus, here I am - kicked to the curb but happy as a lamb.

I was with my Ex for 4 years and within the first month I was ready to cut my ears off and hang myself just to get away from that broad. She was fussing and making false accusations about me within the second week. She swore up and down that I was cheating or was going to cheat.

And, she tried to "deebo" my Time so that ANY free time I had, I had to spend it with her. If I didn't, she'd try to guilt-trip me. I should've bounced when I had the chance, but I couldn't resist her sex-appeal. We'd break-up and get back together and break-up and get back together. And, it was just a suck-ass relationship from the start. I'm GLAD to be GONE!

Lord, thank you. And, I'm not NEVER going back.

I feel blessed to be single...

But, I AM on the hunt for a new little sweetie-pie.

I was checking this one babe out (we have six new girls working with us) BUT, I started working 3rd shift so I haven't seen her again. She's a hottie. And from what I've heard a couple of the guys have already tried to make their move on her so if I'm gonna do anything, I've got to make a move soon.

I don't know...

Maybe I'll just chill.

I guess I have mixed emotions about dating or pursuing a new prospect. I don't feel like being "bothered" I guess. I'm not ready for all of those damn rules that you have to live by when you're involved with someone.

A "Friend with Benefits" would be okay, but most of time (at least for me) they lead straight into something serious within a couple of weeks. So, it's really like dating and then becoming a couple anyway.

I haven't met too many women that appreciate the FWB arrangement, so I know whomever I meet next more than likely, it'll be a "commitment" - at least for a little while.

Well, I'm not going to worry about dating or hooking up with my homegirl at work right now. If it happens, cool. If not, I'll just keep getting an eye-full of all of the fine bootylicious babes I see without feeling guilty about it.

- loveqna

No comments:

LoveQnA.YouTube - Video Playlists with tips, suggestions, opinions, and entertainment.
Get In The Zone. Gain Confidence. Create A Stronger Aura and Good Vibes.... DZL RADIO: "Your Gateway To The Good Life"