NEW! Simp Or Sucker? You Be The Judge.

Monday, October 4, 2010

99% Of The Books You Read About Relationships Are B.S.!

I've got about 20 or so books on how to improve my relationship. But, I didn't buy them to learn how to improve my relationship. I bought them to learn how to improve my writing because someday I hope to write a book. I see women (friends and family members) with some of these same books in their personal library at home. Most of these books are full of crap and repeat the same crap over and over again. And a lot of people (men and women) believe the sh*t that's in these books. More than likely because they don't have a lot of experience in romantic relationships or because they don't learn from the experiences that they DO have with romantic relationships. I haven't been able to read 10 pages total of all the books I have. And I've thumbed through them and read some of the paragraphs up and down, back and forth. It's all the same sh*t:

You have to communicate
You have to compromise and sacrifice
Relationships take a lot of work
You have to be understanding
Men and women are different creatures
Men and women think differently
Blah, blah, blah.

And media (like Good Morning America) helps to promote the book and the writer (like Steve Harvey) like they're both full of expert advice on how to save a relationship.

We all know this stuff. It's important but it's not new. You don't need a book or a "quack" to tell you this stuff. It's something we should all know regardless of what kind of relationship it is - whether it's romantic, business, or personal.

And half of them blame men for most of the trouble in the relationship and the other half subliminally try to convince the woman to "train" or "trick" the man (or partner) into being what she wants him/her to be. They KNOW women will spend money that crap. Those "relationship gurus" and "quacks" are just trying to sell a book to make a quick buck, that's all. Don't believe all those dumbass surveys and Theories.

Some of that stuff is funny but it's not useful for sh*t. They're either too vague or off-base from your reality, lifestyle, or situation. Most of them don't even keep it real.

If so many of those books and Experts were really full of good advice and tips on how to save a relationship, do you think we would see so many divorces and so much cheatin' going on? Of course not. The World would be a happier place.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing Steve Harvey or his book. I haven't seen it and don't even know what the cover looks like. I'm just commenting on the MAJORITY of the books out there. Like, I said, at least 1% of them are worth your hard earned money (and Steve Harvey's book may be one of them), but, unless you're buying the book for entertainment purposes, choose wisely.

No comments:

LoveQnA.YouTube - Video Playlists with tips, suggestions, opinions, and entertainment.
Get In The Zone. Gain Confidence. Create A Stronger Aura and Good Vibes.... DZL RADIO: "Your Gateway To The Good Life"